Thursday, August 27, 2009

7 months

Eamon is 7 months old today.

He's definitely bigger than a month ago, (or two - blue chair for scale), although no doctor's visit this month, so no numbers for you all.

His ability to dress himself has not improved. Hence, things like this happen to him.

New category:
Hair: reddish(?) blond (Dad, don't even start). Eyes: Still blue with brown in the middle.

New food: green beans, peas, whole grains (commercial millet/spelt/barley, because I just can't get barley smooth enough on my own - and has anyone out there intentionally eaten spelt?). He's eating a lot more of everything. Still prefers normal glassware to anything designed for babies, and hey, he gets a bath at the same time! (On that note, he's still enjoying showers, although showing a greater tendency to drink the shower water.)

Eamon can now say a variety of random syllables (alala, aga, ahoo, ssseh (which puts him way ahead of me at that age, "s"-wise)), but still is clearest with "dadadadada"

He is scooting backwards with confidence now, and in the last few days he has figured out how to connect it with his rolls to get where he wants. He's only really stumped if the object of his desire is about two inches past his reach directly in front of him (take advantage of that? who? me?).

And a couple of weeks ago he popped out two teeth - bottom front. Fang lost the race. Have yet to get a picture of that, but he'll gladly gnaw on your fingers (arms, calves) and show you!

I'm even content with my own fist, thanks! Well, that, and the wind in my hair...

2 comments:

  1. Is "plaid" a category of clothing? When that darling child's mother used to watch me leave for elementary school, her comment was often "PLEEEEASE don't let anyone think I dressed you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten more mature. I didn't dress him (in fact, he did not leave the house in that outfit), but I was willing to let the world think I had. :) Of course, I did take lots of pictures when it happened...

    And I'm sure that someday he'll want to walk 10 feet behind/in front of us, and you can enjoy that. :)

    ReplyDelete