Thursday, April 26, 2012

Steamboat 2012

We finally made it to Steamboat last month for one of the last open days on Howelson Hill. It was sunny, nearing 50 degrees, and pretty darn comfy when the wind wasn't blowing. Nice corn. A perfect day for this.



Yeah, I'm going to get all picture indulgent on this one, so click for more...

After many runs on the little magic carpet hill (and a break for E to sled with Aunt Missy), Ray needed some speed, so I kept walking E up and down (turns out it's easier to let him get off balance if you aren't on skis, so I did have a purpose, yay!). Then E realized that daddy got to go through the huge culvert that was the passage from where he was to the bigger hill... turns out it's very hard to get a small kid on skis up a iced-out culvert.

But E had seen the bigger hill. I had told him he had to start pushing himself without help before he could try the big hill (where his uncles and cousin were also working on their cousin's snowboarding), so he did, and he did a decent job on the flat, so off they went.
Good thing Ray can ski with weight suspended from his arms. E didn't turn his tips so well...



But he loved it, and he was starting to get the hang of getting his weight centered. Sort of....



Ray and my family did let him bail on his own and work on getting up. The liftie appears concerned.
 (culvert in the background of that pic).
I don't have any pictures of the last runs because I was waiting at the bottom of the big bunny hill and then they disappeared... for while. Turns out E wanted to try the baby ski jump. Apparently he managed to go down the jump with Ray skiing alongside! I think he has me beat. E is definitely up for next year's ski trip. Now, please.

We also got to hang out with my brother's clan. Steamboat is still a great place for posing.


Look at me, I'm on a horse!


So it's plastic, whatever.

Somehow I don't have any pictures of our attempt to play dance video games on their Kinect, but I assure you that I was fabulous... We had lots of fun - thanks to Steve and Missy for having us (and Michael for giving up his room). We'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. A skier in the making! Love all the pics, that kids is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete