We got to the hospital at the sunny hour of 6 AM. Eamon's friends' mom came the night before to stay with E, so that at least simplified the morning, but still... early...
All checked in and.. relaxing? Those hospital gowns are especially awesome on the pregnant ladies.
Everything got started pretty quickly,and we were left to check out the view. Much like last time, it was pretty stellar.

(Note that there is only a tiny bit of snow on Long's Peak. I'd like to point out the 90-100 degree temperatures around here... blech.)
My view was pretty stellar too.
Although, yet again, I was left wondering exactly what this button did..
I didn't hang in that bed any longer than I had to. I saw enough of it last time. This time, Tighe cooperated and I got to wander about on the monitor.
This left me plenty of time to find other items to wonder about. Like: what, exactly do they mean by this sign? And how to they choose the nurse to test it on?
This one we knew about from last time... when one of the other ladies got into the bath a little too late in the process. Apparently those bathtubs are NOT roomy.

Anyway, things kept progressing well, Tighe stayed near the monitor (his heartbeat on top in the graph).

I did, however, start begging the nurse to slow down with this stuff.
Around 11ish the nurse started noticing that Tighe's head wasn't the first thing out - apparently he was trying to go hand first. Fortunately, I took this as a sign to stop being brave and start begging for drugs.When the doctor came in to check, she realized that there was some cord up with his hand, and things took a shift for the FAST. We headed for the OR (Ray had to go gown up while they got me on anesthetic, not his favorite part of all this) and very quickly all was well.
Except this guy was cold. And, apparently, had to pee. Everywhere.
The nurse didn't quite know what to do with the fancy camera. (Ray walking into the OR in full scrubs but with the camera on his chest was one of the funnier moments of my day. He rushed in so fast they had to grab him and remind him that the mask belonged on his face...)
Proof that our babies start the world with brown eyes. Ray says there was a little blue in there this time, but I don't see it. By the time I got a good look they were pure blue.
Ray followed Tighe around for the various testing (double 9's on the APGAR, Dad) and we all met up in recovery, where Tighe demonstrated his, um, voracious hunger. We headed to the room and I actually got to hear the lullaby that they play when they move moms and babies, which made me pretty happy.
We're all pretty happy with this little dude.
Congratulations!! We just missed meeting him last week! Hope you are all home recovering and enjoying Tighe. Good to see you guys...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your story!!
ReplyDelete