Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rollin'


E has been practicing on his bike (yes, the pink princess one from the neighbors) every chance he gets, to the point that he requested we move our weekend hikes to places where he can ride. A couple of weeks ago we went out on the Coal Creek trail in Erie, except that I got us a little lost and we ended up on one of the well roads for a bit. The big gravel on the well road knocked one of E's training wheels off and neither of us noticed (Ray did, and picked it up). When I did notice, E had already biked about a quarter mile, so he just kept on going, saying he'd bike the other wheel off too. When we got back to the car, we pulled it off for him, and then started helping him get going. I ended up getting an unexpected mile jog out of this "walk."

By the end of the day, he didn't need us. He is still figuring out those coaster breaks (...don't...look...down) and the hill at our house rightfully scares him, but the little dude is working hard and I already can't keep up on foot. I see lots of bike rides in our near future.

1 comment: