... and since we're both scared of the internet, you'll have to get a google account if you're interested in checking in on this after your two week trial (if you already have a gmail account, that'll work). Hopefully we can make it worth your while!

For now, a couple of photos from the honeymoon trip (Highway 1/101 from Monterey to Portland)...
The photo on the left is one of many attempts to capture the jellyfish at Monterey Aquarium. The aquarium was soo cool.... too many pictures, although there is one sea otter over on the right there, too ->
(Ray has decided they're just wet cats)

We paid to drive through Pebble Beach -and checked out Pacific Grove and Carmel, which were both gorgeous- Ray got what is probably the highlight shot from the trip, the "Lone Cyprus" at Pebble Beach (it's on all of their logos and in a Lexus commercial at the moment).
Ray's mom requested light houses, so here's the first:
Cabrillo Point Lighthouse (AKA "Stumpy" - for the somewhat longer than advertised walk, Ray was a little disappointed by the size of this lighthouse...but the views were nice):


Point Arena Lighthouse... again, gorgeous views. And some of the cleanest port-a-potties I've ever encountered (hey, high value for a kayaker, never mind during a 1000 mile trip!)

Tomales Bay- We found an oyster farm with picnic tables that let you buy them fresh and would sell a shucking knife (pretty much what Heather taught me to look for in a seafood shack!) Here's Ray telling the oysters who is boss!
Check out the farm:

This is the view from the second hotel.... yes, those are kayakers. I had to sneak them in somehow!
More pictures to come now that I've got the posting figured out. Stay tuned!
(Laura, posting as Ray :) )
Why can't I see the pic of Ray "showing the oysters whose boss"?
ReplyDeleteI'm still figuring this out.. if a pic doesn't show up, try refreshing, or click on the little ? icon. (Refreshing usually works for me, clicking works for Ray.)
ReplyDeleteI have refreshed and rebooted and still two pics are missing. The second lighthouse also didn't come up. I love the ones we can see. Stubby sounds like Ray. Miss the pithy comments. Also would like to know where you are going on next years honeymoon?
ReplyDeleteRay speaking with Mother Laura's prespective
Neither clicking nor refreshing helped! Next years honeymoon huh? Sounds excellent. I need to get pete on that!
ReplyDeleteI tried something new - let me know if Ray and the oysters show up better now!
ReplyDeleteWe will post a full picture spread- I'm trying to figure out how to get all of the captions off of Ray's computer.. maybe he'll have a breakthrough while I'm out...
Didn't show up yet. I want oysters, yum!
ReplyDelete