Saturday, July 12, 2008

Americana

So, I haven't gotten ahold of the Bahamas photos yet.. and I really wanted to share one last batch from the honeymoon. One of our missions was to see all the kitschy Americana we could... and I think we did well. If you click on any of the pics, you should see the Picasa album, which also has a couple of other shots.

Monterey provided our first shot- Rappa's seafood came with this old salt:
And the closest we could find to fitting Ray into a John Deere tire (ala the MN state fair) - penguin egg at the aquarium.
Along with the drive-through tree, the Shrine Tree had a "three little bears house".

Our absolute favorite - the Treehouse of Mystery (or some equally crazed name) was all about "The life and adventures of Paul Bunyan and his friends and dog". For those CU fans - Babe bears a certain resemblance to the Ralphie on Baseline....For the Minnesotans, I will note that Ray was pretty offended by the crazy Californians' hubris.
And of course, what would it all be without a T. Rex?

Beyond all that - I guess I have to table the appliance debate for a while, as Ray finally let me demo our weird hallway-closet thing and is helping me build a walk-through closet. So I'm using my home depot allowance for the month, I think..but I still think the stove needs a pretty friend. Not avocado green - geez! :)  And I'll be baking my first bread on the new stove tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment