Things have been busy- a bit of kayaking and camping, some nesting, and a trip to NYC for me. I was sampling air on the subway platforms. Here's a fun pic of Kristen (the technician) and I sampling at 14th and Union Square (note the trains! and no comments on the um, fit of my fashionable sampling attire):
We sample the City Hall station, which was one of the first subway stations in the city but now serves only as a turnaround for the 6 train (due to design issues). Because it was the City Hall station, this station is really interesting, with chandeliers, arches and sky lights. They were going to open it as a subway museum, but then 9-11 made everyone less eager to open access up right below City Hall - but I'm glad the MTA people are kind enough to help us sample there. With no people, I tried for some arty pics. Here's one I like:
And finally, for the pics - we stayed in a new hotel - right between Grand Central and the Chrysler Building. Sadly, we had a west (Grand Central) facing room, but I still got to see the reflection of the Chrysler Building:
Things will slow down for me this month, but there's still plenty of nesting to be done. :) Ray has his usual work schedule, and the world is still not safe from the German empire (he's been playing some Civilization in his off time), but I think we're out of camping plans, so between the two of us, maybe the house will actually get worked on. Maybe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment