Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chicago- Museum of Science and Industry

Laura and I decided to make a day run to the Chicago museum of Science and Industry.  Early flight on Southwest and a 45 minute bus ride and we were there.

The huge model train set was great.  Laura found some kayakers and had to share with everyone.   I saw this German war plane as we walked in and was hoping this Fokker was a Messerschmitt.  But alas it was a Stukka.  So much for bad jokes.

Both Laura and I found our jobs in the Museum.  I think all my family would have found their work in the museum. Even my sister,  believe it or not, they had a patent and industrial law display.

The main reason we went to the museum was to check out this house.  Which you can have built if you want.  It showed off a number of eco friendlier ways of design and material use.  It is a modular home, box rooms built in the factory and put together on site.   It was sweet.  Denver has a townhome site being built on a lot of the same design principles.  I am going to check out how much that would be.  
After a long day and no state fairs for me this year.  I at least got to rest in a John Deere wheel.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh


ps from Laura--- I have to note that the first picture is me pouting because we could not, in fact, go see the giant heart that I have heard about since I was 3 - they're redoing all the human body stuff. And Laura Rose- the patent law display was a climbing wall. L:)

No comments:

Post a Comment