Anyway.. not really the point. On my way out of the parking garage, I was treated to a different view of one my favorite (okay, two of my favorite) buildings in Denver.
1999 Broadway and the Church of the Holy Ghost. One of Denver's tallest skyscrapers, surrounding this gorgeous church. If you know the Denver skyline, this is the building that is outlined in green at night.
I love the juxtaposition of old and new. I love how the skyscraper was built around the church.
More info here.
The building is even cool from above: in the google view, you can see the skyscraper in the right hand corner and the church in its shadow (on my more poetic days, this seems metaphorical).
View Larger Map
I was in the parking garage over there on the left, and spent my day at the Federal building (the big U-shaped building on the top. I wonder how many people in those two buildings never notice the view?

No comments:
Post a Comment