Last Thursday, Eamon woke up with his second word, all wrapped up and ready to bestow on me the minute he got up.
But first: I've been trying to get video of his first word for a while, and Ray finally came up with the perfect opportunity on Saturday when Eamon woke up from his nap with it.
It is sort of worrisome when your child wakes up with (in tones audible from the floor below) "UH-OH".
I think he was commenting on the state of his diaper. Still not sure. But, since he was in the mood, we got this (via me hiding in the hall):
Note how deliberate he is about it.
Eamon's second word was equally useful. It took me a bit to realize that he rarely means it unless it comes with a firm headshake. Here's the video I shot for Ray last Thursday (excuse the one-handed videography):
If you can't hear his second word in the clip, it's the word I most dreaded.. "No".... Turns out it's pretty funny when he uses it when he doesn't really mean it. For our parents, I'm sure there's general amusement to be found here - go chuckle to yourselves. Quietly, please - we're talking over here.
UH-OH! Love it!
ReplyDelete