Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Enlightened

There has been a lot of work going on around here. Most of it is the small sort, although we did repaint the whole back area (kitchen, family room). But the rest has been the sorts of projects where we walk into Home Depot and I grab a random assortment of dowel and lathe, hand Ray a picture, and say "make this, please".

You think I'm kidding. Unless you're my family, in which case you just pity Ray.

This was actually a double header. Last summer I bought three lights from IKEA, spent a while at the hardware store pulling together some random parts that would help make three wires fit into a harness built for one, and then pled acrophobia and handed the project off to Ray.

I wasn't kidding about the acrophobia.

And possibly the fear of really ugly lights.

E thought that was an improvement, as did I. But it was still not quite what we envisioned. Hence, the trip to home depot, a few square dowels, some lathe, and oh yeah, spray paint.

I think Ray was on to something...

Oh yeah, much better. And at about a tenth of the price of the lights we were looking at in Seattle.

Now, about that dining room lamp.....Raaa-aaaay....

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I love what you did to the lamps, they look so much better! Tell Ray I also said to get on the dining room lamp! hehe.

    ReplyDelete