Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Color

I mentioned that we had some room painting going on. Here's the nursery now:

The orange is really pumpkin-y. It doesn't really come through on my computer, but it's a really warm color.




Yes, Mom and Dad, that's your couch, minus the middle bit, which is in our living room. Works well this way. :) The "art" in the nursery is decorations from the baby shower that Cheryl and family threw for us. I have more permanent plans, will let you know when that happens. :)


And, on the other side of the Jack'n'Jill bathroom, here's Eamon's room:


Halfway through taking pics, E stripped his bed. Don't know why, but he really does have a pillow and blankets, see?

Eamon insisted that his bed was the "Emergency" that all the planes were flying to. I think he has heard a lot about fire bombers lately.
The ball drop alternates purposes. This conformation means that I don't have to make his bed around all of these creatures.

That bookcase has three shelves of books for E. Like the one in the nursery, it is packed full...thanks, Mom.

Ray still has some metal airplanes to hang - they were my father's and are a little interesting with the orange, but the boys like them as-is, so they'll be going up as soon as Ray feels up to doing more anchoring and hanging, since they're a little heavy and pointy and, much as E loves them, they need to be secure.

Anyway, little bits left to do, but I'm pretty happy. Amazing what a difference some paint makes! This seems to be the most recent entry that shows any of what the nursery looked like... when E was still in it a year ago...

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the airplanes on E's wall and I really like the shower decorations used as art, so cool!! And I am glad to see that the seal is still around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the seal is with us....E stole it from me.

    ReplyDelete