Okay, so, way back in May, we went on this totally awesome trip to Hawaii and stuff?
(my parents are rolling their eyes... that was for Ray).
Anyway - you already heard about the Portland part of the trip out. The flight to Hawaii itself was exactly as glorious as flying for way too many hours with a toddler sounds, so lets skip that part. We did, eventually make it to Hawaii without being jettisoned out an airlock or emergency exit or whatever. Ray's brother Steve was there to greet us (and share a car) when we got there.
This worked out really well for me. Not because it meant that I got to participate in two more rides to the airport (one to get our brother-in-law Brad and some Hawaiian McDonalds and the other to return the car), but I got to go visit the sister to my old ship, which I hadn't seen. We drove by on the way to the hotel, and then I abandoned everyone the next morning to meet up with one of the science officers and get a tour. I was on the Cramer when the architects who built this ship (the Seamans) were aboard figuring it all out, so this was really neat to see!
Despite the detours, two copies of google on iphones, and the Waikiki streets, we eventually made it to the hotel.
We did a lot of running around, but did make it down to Waikiki Beach to look at the surf, the statues, and the tikis.


FIRE!Exhausted kiddo and parents both called it a day at that point. The next days were (will be) much more exciting and beautiful, if a bit more mellow!
No comments:
Post a Comment