Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dear (Oh Dear)...

Dear Mom (and Dad, but it was totally Mom's idea)-
Thank you for the food processor. It makes it really really fun to shred zucchini.
Perhaps too much fun. You just put the zucchini in the top and WHOOP it's gone. I had to do it a second time. Four cups of shredded zucchini.

On that note, thanks for teaching me to always have lots of staples in my pantry.

And thanks to both my mother and my mother-in-law for supplying us with lots of bakeware.
(This loses something in scale...that would be two loaves of zucchini bread (well, one and nine-tenths loaves) PLUS an 9x13 pan. I needed one loaf for the block party this weekend so, yeah, too much fun.)

And mom: thanks for the cinnamon chips. I probably should stop making bread for today, but... soon.

I'm going to go eat some zucchini bread now. And look for some other reason to shred vegetables.

Love,
Laura

PS- The recipe is a 1996 Cooking Light recipe that I can't find online but will email at request. It's yummy and makes two loaves (if you don't have a zucchini-shredding fetish and double the recipe), one of which can be frozen. If you don't eat the first one before they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment