Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Las Vegas Wedding... in Three Parts: Part 2: The Wedding

As I mentioned, we got to go to Vegas to see Ray's brother Steve get married.

After our tour on the Strip came the rehearsal dinner, but I have no pictures because E was strangely exhausted and twerplike. Huh.

Anyway, the next day we cleaned ourselves up (after a quick dip in the pool for E's sake) to watch the nuptials.
As clean as we get!

Actual wedding pictures if you click through to the full post....

The wedding was at the Chapel of the Flowers (Victorian Chapel, if you're interested), and they wouldn't allow outside photography, so I'll have to wait for Steve and Luna to release their actual wedding pics, but we had a lot (oh, so very much) fun with the photo venues that surrounded the Chapel. As for the wedding itself - it was short and sweet, but beautiful, and I'm very happy for Steve - Luna is wonderful, although she is now one of E's favorite people, possibly to the exclusion of all the rest of us, sorry. As you'll see, she also looks gorgeous in a wedding dress. (Steve looked handsome in the tux as well, despite the fact that he was almost always looking at one of the eighty bajillion OTHER cameras that were going off when I tried to document this...)
Anyway, while we waited for the bride and groom, we entertained ourselves. For E, this means his favorite pastime, Throwing Rocks in Water.

For all of us, watching the crazy rides off the top of the Stratosphere was high on our list.

Yeah. Those. What the?
Ray's parents put a lot of energy in over the weekend to make sure everyone was situated and happy. They did find some moments of peace while we waited, though.


Eamon also took up a long Grunzinger tradition and fished for change.

Ray's parents were quickly back to entertaining. I love this picture.

I drafted people to help me take advantage of the various themed photo areas...
ROMAN. (with photobombing tourist)

Um... MINER, Fortyniner?

MODERN (Vogue!)

Note that Ray bailed on that last one..his sister and mom were much better sports!

Annnnndd.. there's the bridal couple! And our chaos! And both Grunzinger men looking at another camera!


Here's a better shot: Luna and Steve. Gorgeous, no?


Oy, that was a lot. The boys are done now.

So are they!

Time to go back, cool off, and nap for dinner!

More later this week, but here's the slideshow to tide you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment