Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Vegas Wedding.. in Three Parts: Part 3: Dinner and Going Home

After the gorgeous wedding and a recovery nap, we were ready for dinner. We were also late for dinner, but apparently we hung out in the monorail station long enough for a fashion shoot. Which explains why we were really late for dinner..



We did eventually make it to dinner... click on through for more...


At least we hadn't forgotten the car, so E was amused while we waited for food.

As were Ray's parents, apparently. (Ray's favorite shot of the trip.)

We got food, and toasts (photobomb!)

And yummy cake (no smearing, very classy).


Ray is a genius and managed to wrangle E's favorite dessert for him. He'd earned it!

On the other hand, you'd think it was E's party, given the number of gifts he got. He has already consumed our jam supply, but I'm rationing his pocky. This, however, was the most gorgeous.

And he loved it.

Luna got E a Japanese housecoat (I hope that's the right term!). It is nice and warm and will come in very handy this winter, if I can get over letting E actually WEAR something that nice...

With the gift-giving phase over, it was time to head for bed to get ourselves to the airport (far too early) in the morning. The only good thing I have to say about being up at that hour in Las Vegas is that it is really fun to watch people stumble in from their nights.
E, however, liked getting to play with his aunt at the airport.

Unfortunately, we didn't make any planes that would get us home. We had to rent a car instead, and Ray managed to pull 240 miles while I slept, and then I drove five hours straight while my boys slept through the canyons of Utah. I handed the wheel over before Glenwood Canyon and Ray got us home. A gorgeous drive and an epic ending to a very eventful weekend, but for some reason I have no pictures, not even of the combo gas station/Burger King in Beaver, Utah that took three tries to get our order right (we were there long enough!).

Still: an amazing weekend. It was nice to see the Grunzingers (and a Schwab) in one spot, and we're so happy for Steve and Luna. A great start to what we hope will be a long and happy marriage!

One last time: the whole slideshow!
<embed flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feat=flashalbum&amp;RGB=0x000000&amp;feed=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fsulfureta%2Falbumid%2F5666467231577767825%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26authkey%3DGv1sRgCJCNtY2lx7GQRg%26hl%3Den_US" height="267" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400"></embed>

No comments:

Post a Comment