This was my first parade. Dad seemed especially amused by the walking food. It just made me drool.
There were a LOT of people. Glad I didn't have to walk through this! A few seconds after Mom took this picture, Dad ran into one of his friends from Mesaba. What are the odds?
Mom declared this the "crime against nature" for the fair. And said I couldn't have any. But, I like fruit! At least Dad gave me some nectarine. And offered me a pronto pup - not sure about that, dogs lick my face a lot.
Nothing on a stick? But then how do you walk around with it?
This is Minnesota, so there were fish. Grandpa pointed out the big ones. I think some of them were bigger than me!
Dad wouldn't let me ride the moose, but here's a group shot.
Phew! I'm tired out now, just thinking about all of that walking! I'll let Mom take the next batch. I need a nap!
It really hasn't been the same since they "downsized" machinery hill. Climbing in and around all those giant tractors and combines was always my favorite thing growing up!
ReplyDeleteRay spent a lot of the day muttering about changes. I think he was most upset that machine gun alley is now a butterfly hall.
ReplyDeleteThe new food at the Colorado State Fair this year is battered and deep fried bacon --on a stick, of course. One slice for $3. Has that come to us from Minnesota? People claim it's delicious, but the fried Twinkies from a few years ago sounded better!
ReplyDeleteRay says yum. I'm sure that's available in MN (after all - spam curds?). I'm still voting for the s'more on a stick.
ReplyDelete