Friday, September 11, 2009

Press Storm

Work currently resembles a press office. A project I've been working on with students and my tech is getting published Tuesday morning. The journal sent out press releases. The press is calling. I can't technically say who or what because we're all under embargo, other than the paper is about pathogens in showerheads. So, if you happen to see/hear anything about showers on Monday night or Tuesday.... it could be us! (And odds are... the press will inflate how scary everything is (not).... because that's how the media gets you to listen...right? )

If you care, the article is:
Opportunistic pathogens enriched in showerhead biofilms
Feazel LM, Baumgartner LK,Peterson KL, Frank DN, Harris JK, and Pace NR. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. (published online Tuesday, September 15)

(If you do see or hear anything, let me know!  We know who is calling us, but you never know if they'll even publish it in the end...)
Mom isn't quite sure how to take this... but I'm ready for my close up!
How's this for a publicity shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment