Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Vegas Wedding... in Three Parts. Part 1: The Strip.

I know I still have a lot of travels to get up on this site, but the Grunzinger family could use the smiles this week, so they win.

Ray's brother Steve got married in Vegas last month, which made for a great excuse for our first trip out there as well. So... I'll get to the wedding, but I have to start where we started... the Strip!

We stayed in the Las Vegas Hilton, which was on the monorail, so we took the train to the other end of the Strip and started with the MGM Grand (aka the MGM insanely huge).
E was suitably impressed by New York New York.

So many pictures I had to break this up.. click for more!



I liked the MGM lion. No way to get anyone in the picture with this HUGE statue.
Ray and I both loved the Irish pub in New York New York. Somehow we'd never had carbombs together. Fixed that.

We had also never seen the worlds largest typewriter eraser. Fixed that, too. Of course we had to take cheesy pictures.

Help, I'm stuck!
Run for it!!!
E kept running....

.. through the Crystal Mall with it's LED-lit trees (and with a controlled swing through Tiffany's)...and on down the strip.

Note also: E's backpack. As we were packing up to head to the airport, E declared that he wanted to take "the blue bear" (my Peter Forsberg bear) "in a backpack". So I dug out this backpack that was small enough and had straps I could knot down (thanks Mom!) and E took it with him everywhere on this trip. He hasn't touched it since. Toddlers are weird.

We stopped to watch the Bellagio fountains, but E liked this bar inside.

I'm with him - I want one!

All in all, a fun start to a whirlwind trip. Thanks to Ray's sister Laura, we also got to head out to see Cirque de Soleil's late show while E slept, which was FABULOUS, but no pictures, sorry.

  I'm posting the slideshow here, with a promise that a CD of higher-quality files will be headed to Minnesota this week (assuming I can get Ray to package it). More posts with fascinating narrative on  the rest of the trip later this week!

1 comment: